3 art Reviews with Responses

Candid Self Portrait Candid Self Portrait

This is amazing work. I believe you scouted me a couple years ago. I'm still super impressed with the work you do. Keep it up.

1600 responds:

thank you and yes I do remember I did!

Painted Sunlit Lake Painted Sunlit Lake

I like it very much

I love the use of brush strokes to give the clouds texture and movement. Intentional or not, it came out wonderfully. Well done. I would have given this piece an 11 if you had painted FROM a photo, as opposed to ON a photo. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your description. However, that doesn't make it any less "art", nor does it make it less beautiful. It's really fantastic, thank you for sharing.

Nondual responds:

Thanks for the great review.

Ol' Pete Ol' Pete

Proportions be damned

I was going to agree with the reviewer below, however, I came to realize that it's the essence of the man that's IS right about these pieces. Sure, the legs look a little short, but the overall "feel" is absolutely fantastic. Very well done. I stopped my rating short at an 8 because I believe in having SOME kind of background. Maybe a shadow, maybe just one tree. It just grounds the piece. With that being said, I think that the piece could REALLY capture a Norman Rockwell esque feeling of familiarity in the candid. Thanks for sharing!

Otto responds:

Ahh I tell you what, when I get my pieces back when I go back to college (high school) then I will bring the piece with the background, but I don't have it at the moment. :)

And thankyou for the review!